Tomorrow marks the start of one of the most anticipated events for Ahmadi Muslims! On the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of August, many Ahmadi Muslims, representing all nations, will unite to attend the UK Jalsa Salana (Insha’Allah). The Jalsa Salana is one of the biggest religious events in the UK.
Here are five short tips and facts about the Jalsa Salana:
- A Jalsa Salana is held in every country where there is a large community of Ahmadis. The event lasts for three days with the first day always landing on a Friday (Jummah). If a country is fortunate enough to have the Caliph (May Allah be his Helper) of the age present, then they can read their Jummah prayers behind the Caliph.
- During the second and third day, many distinguished guests deliver speeches. We are also blessed to be addressed by our beloved Caliph (May Allah be his Helper). Each session is opened with the recitation of the Holy Qur’an followed by beautiful and melodious Nazms (poems).
- The third and final day of the Jalsa is an emotional rollercoaster for many people. We partake in the Bai’at (Initiation) ceremony and are addressed by our beloved Huzoor (May Allah be his Helper) before the Jalsa Salana is concluded.
- Another blessing is the fact that we get to read each of our prayers (salat/namaz) behind our beloved Caliph (May Allah be his Helper). The Jalsa Salana is humbling as it allows us to realise and appreciate just how blessed we really are.
- Another exciting feature of the Jalsa are the various exhibitions that are held, often with external professors discussing their research with us.
Overall, the Jalsa Salana provides all attendees and the millions watching via television and the internet with an opportunity for spiritual replenishment.
Hope to see you there.
P.s. Don’t forget to enjoy the various types of foods at the Jalsa; the aloo gosht, daal and rotis that they serve are epic!